Third District Supervisor
As your Supervisor, I will be the voice for the residents of UCSB, Isla Vista, Western Goleta, the Gaviota Coast, the Santa Ynez Valley, the unincorporated parts of Lompoc, Vandenberg Village, Casmalia, Tanglewood and the City of Guadalupe. The Third District is the most diverse district in the County, with agriculture, high-tech industry, tourism, and a world-class University. The area is made up of beautiful open spaces, coastline, historic small town centers and neighborhoods. By working together and investing in our region, we will maintain the scenic beauty and quality of life we have here in Santa Barbara County, for our children and for all future generations.
I have offices at the following locations:
• Santa Barbara County Administration Building at 105 East Anapamu Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101
• Solvang at 1745 Mission Drive Solvang, CA 93463
• The Joseph Centeno Betteravia Government Center at 511 East Lakeside Parkway, Suite 111 Santa Maria, CA 93455
Additionally, I regularly hold office hours in Isla Vista, Guadalupe, Vandenberg Village, Solvang, and Los Alamos.
**IMPORTANT REMINDER** Santa Barbara County Programs and Services Winter Holiday Schedule for December 25 - January 1
Most County administrative offices and facilities will be closed Monday, December 25, 2017 through Monday, January 1, 2018 and reopen on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Essential services that will be available Tuesday, December 26 - Friday, December 29 are listed below, otherwise please contact a specific department or check its website to inquire about available services. All Board of Supervisors offices are required to be closed during this non-paid period.
Available Services Include:
• Public Safety: Fire and Sheriff emergency services will be fully staffed throughout the holidays. In case of an emergency, call 911. The Office of Emergency Management will staff a Duty Officer on call 24/7 throughout the holidays.
• Behavioral Wellness/24-Hour Toll Free Crisis Response and Service Access Line: (888) 868-1649 will be fully operational. Additional services open include ACT, SPIRIT, CSU, PHF and mobile crisis services throughout the holidays.
• Agricultural Commissioner's Office: The offices in Santa Maria and Santa Barbara will be open December 26-29 with regular business hours of 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
-Elections: The Santa Barbara office at 4440-A Calle Real and the Santa Maria office at 511 E. Lakeside Parkway, Suite 134, will remain open with limited staffing for the Signature in Lieu period for candidates for the June 2018 election. For information, go to http://sbcassessor.com/Elections/Elections.aspx.
-Recorder: The Santa Barbara office in the Hall of Records, County Courthouse, 1100 Anacapa St., 93101, will remain open for recording documents. For information about the Clerk-Recorder, go to http://sbcassessor.com/ClerkRecorder/marriagelicenses.aspx.
-Assessor: The Assessor's Office will be closed and reopen on Jan. 2, 2018.
• District Attorney: The D.A.'s Office in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria and Lompoc will be open December 26-29 with regular business hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with the exception of the Lompoc office, which is closed noon to 1 p.m. for lunch.
• Health and Human Services: Most of the County's health and human services, programs and facilities will be available and open December 26-29, including Child Support Services (by telephone only), Probation, Public Health and Social Services.
• Parks Facilities: County Parks will be open.
• Planning & Development: Planning and Development will be closed.
• Property Tax Payments: The Treasurer-Tax Collector's Office will be closed. Taxpayers may submit taxes online at http://countyofsb.org/ttcpapg/index.aspx, call (805) 724-3008, or by U.S. Postal Service.
• Street Repair Requests: Santa Barbara County Public Works will maintain essential services including road maintenance and flood control as needed.
• Surveyor's Office: The Surveyor's Office public counter will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. December 26-29. For information, call (805) 568-3020.
• Waste Management: All County recycling and transfer stations will be closed on Christmas and New Year's Day. Visit www.countyofsb.org/pwd/facilities.sbc for a complete list of facilities. Trash collection services provided by MarBorg and Waste Management are delayed by one day in the event of a holiday. For information, residents may contact MarBorg toll free at (800) 798-1852 or Waste Management at (805) 922-2121.
My Chief of Staff is Jefferson Litten and my District Representatives are Elizabeth Farnum, Gina Fischer and Alma Hernandez - please contact Gina for all scheduling requests at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 568-2192. We are committed to helping you find a clear path through a sometimes complex system. We look forward to hearing from you!